Before Your First Day
- Completing your I-9 is required before we can set up your Western accounts and before you can work. If you are able to do this two weeks before your start date, it will make it easier for us to have you ready to go on your first day. Stop by HR (Humanities Room 203) during our office hours (Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm) to complete your I-9 in person.
- All employees must comply with our Immunization policies, including COVID vaccination by time of hire and Proof of Rubeola Measles Immunity within 60-days of hire. Please reach out to HR@wwu.edu if you need information regarding medical or religious exemption and applicable accommodations.
- Benefits information:
- Payroll/direct deposit information
- Access your new hire paperwork here (some of these items will be completed online after you accept your job offer-you do not need to complete any item twice)
*How to access your New Hire portal and task list:
- Using your Applicant account: Login to the careers page, then click "Go to employee portal"
- Using your Western account: Login to PageUp, and click on "Onboarding"
Getting to know WWU
- If you are relocating from out of the area, you can find resources here
- Parking on campus and Alternative transportation options.
- Campus Maps
- HR contacts
- Dining on campus options
- Computer and Accounts setup
- Technology Help
Additional information for new faculty members is available on the Provost's New Faculty webpage.
Your First Week
- Attend a QuickStart Orientation session (you will receive an invite via email).
- Watch the welcome videos (the emergency response video is required).
- Attend the Mandatory Prevention Training (you will receive instructions via email).
Your First Month
- Attend a New Employee Orientation. All new permanent staff will receive an invitation to this mandatory session within 30 days of hire.
- Return benefits paperwork to HR by the deadline assigned in your task list (generally 31 days after your start date).
- If your role is Supervisory, you must complete the mandatory Supervisor QuickStart Training in Canvas.