New Hire Paperwork
New hire paperwork must be completed in Western's Human Resources Office on or before your first day of work. New employees are not eligible to start working until this paperwork is complete. Please visit our office in the Humanities Building, Room 203. We are open from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday, and no appointments are necessary. Western is closed all major holidays.
To complete your I-9 form, please bring your acceptable forms of ID. All documents must be unexpired originals. We cannot accept images or photo copies of documents.
If you have worked for Western in the past, you may not need to complete another I-9. Contact HR with your W# to confirm.
Please contact HR with your zip code if you are not able to visit our office to complete your new hire paperwork. You might be able to complete your I-9 at an institution in your area through the I-9 reciprocal program.
Proof of Rubeola Measles Immunity
All employees (faculty and staff) must provide Proof of Rubeola Measles Immunity within 60-days of hire. Please contract HR if you need information regarding medical or religious exemption and applicable accommodations.
Contact your supervisor to let them know you have completed your new hire paperwork. They will then be able to start other processes like getting you set up with any account access you may need in your role.
It can take up to two weeks for your information to populate in Western's system. Once this process is complete a Western ID#, Western email address, and Universal Login will be emailed to new staff and faculty members at the email address you provided with your job application.
Please access the Task List in your New Hire Portal for benefits information and enrollment documents specific to your new role. Return benefits paperwork to HR by the deadline assigned in your task list (generally 31 days after your start date). All new employees will be invited to participate in a Benefits Orientation as part of your onboarding process. General information about insurance and retirement benefits can be found on our website.
New Hire Portal and Task List
If you applied for your new position through WWU.edu/jobs, you can sign in using your Applicant account credentials. Log in to the careers page, then click Go to employee portal. Then, using your Western account, log in to PageUp, and click on Onboarding.
Once your account access is set up, you will be able to log into Web4U.
- In the Employee Tab you will find Direct Deposit enrollment and instructions and your timesheet, and the timesheets of your direct reports. You will be contacted by Payroll to confirm Direct Deposit enrollment or changes.
- In the Personal Information Tab you can update your address, phone number, and emergency contact, and electronically consent to your W-2.
Get to Know WWU
- If you are relocating from out of the area, you can find resources here
- Parking on Campus and Alternative transportation
- Campus Maps
- HR Contacts
- Dining on Campus
- Computer and Accounts Setup
- Get Connected to WWU Technology
Pay Days, Timesheets, and Accrued Leave
- Paydays are the 10th and 25th each month, unless those dates fall on a weekend or holiday.
- Timesheets are due the 15th and the last day of the month.
- Learn about Accrued Leave by employee type.
Additional information for new faculty members is available on the Provost's New Faculty webpage.
Orientations and Required Trainings
- Attend a QuickStart Orientation session (you will receive an invite via email).
- Attend a New Employee Orientation. All new permanent staff will receive an invitation to this mandatory session within 30 days of hire.
- Visit Western's Safety and Emergency Information webpage and watch the required Safety and Preparedness videos.
- Complete mandatory prevention trainings which include Harassment and Discrimination Prevention, Clery Act and Title IX, and Hazing and Bullying Prevention. Contact email@example.com with any questions.
- Supervisors: If your role is Supervisory, you must complete the mandatory Supervisor QuickStart Training in Canvas.
- If you are a timesheet approver, visit the Learning Library and sign up for the monthly Payroll Approver Training