Getting Paid

Time Sheets & Pay Information

Time Sheets

Time sheets must be submitted for approval by 11:59 p.m. every 15th of the month and the last day of the month.  Time sheets can be accessed electronically from any computer via Web4U.  To access your time sheet, follow these instructions:

  • Login to Web4U
  • Select Employee tab
  • Select Time Entry
  • Select the appropriate Position & Pay Period
  • Enter time as needed
  • Select Preview to submit time

Weekly Hours Tracker
Reporting Hours Over Appointment

Time Sheet User Guides:

Payroll Approver User Guide.pdf (1.21 MB)


Student Employee Time Sheet User Guide.pdf (572.69 KB)


Classified Employee Time Sheet User Guide.pdf (613.17 KB)


Professional Staff Web4U Time Sheet User Guide.pdf (518.12 KB)


Temporary Employee Time Sheet User Guide.pdf (574.85 KB)

See Also: Understanding Accrued Leave


Pay Dates, Holidays & Pay Periods

  • Pay Dates & Holidays
  • Pay Periods: as per RCW 42.16.010, all state officers and employees shall be paid for work performed from the first day of the month through the fifteenth day of the month and for work performed from the sixteenth day of the month through the last calendar day of the month.

Payroll Deductions

Benefit Charges

Request a Check Replacement


Available Payment Methods

Direct Deposit

To enroll, update or cancel direct deposit electronically via Web4U, follow the instructions below.

Please note that all changes must be added by the last day of the pay period to guarantee that the changes make in for  the upcoming pay date. 

  • Login to Web4U
    • Select Employees tab
    • Select Time Entry
    • Select Employee Dashboard
    • Click  Direct Deposit Information
    • Click Update Direct Deposit Allocation
      • if you do not see this link at the bottom of your screen or are unable to access the direct deposit information screen, it is because payroll is processing; try again in 1-3 days
    • See  if needed

Payroll Card

A payroll card is a prepaid, reloadable card that works similarly to debit cards. It’s great alternative for employees without a bank account.

Employees will be defaulted to a payroll card if they do not enroll in direct deposit.

Changing from Payroll Card to Direct Deposit

Please view the related disclosures below:



Does it cost employees anything to have the Focus Card?

There is no annual fee for the Focus Card. See the Fee Schedule that came with your card for ways to avoid fees.

How much does it cost to replace a lost card?

There is a $5.00 fee to replace your card, mailed to you with standard delivery (up to 10 business days). This fee is waived for your first card replacement in a 12-month period. Expedited or overnight card replacement are available for additional fees.

Once the Payroll Card account is established, how long will it be before the card arrives in the mail?

Within 7-10 business days.

Who can the cardholder contact if they have questions about the card?

For questions about your pay, such as when you will receive the next deposit to the card, or the amount of the deposit to your card, contact the payroll services team. For all other questions about the Focus Prepaid card, customer service is available 24/7/365 toll-free at 1.877.474.0010 or

What happens if the card is lost or stolen?

Cardholders must contact Cardholder Services at 1.877.474.0010 to report a lost or stolen card. A new card will be issued and any remaining balance will be transferred to the new card. The cardholder is protected against fraudulent activity under Federal Regulation E.

Can I continue to use the Focus Card if I leave employment with Western?

Once you leave employment with the State of Washington, you can continue to use the card until the balance reaches $0.00.