Payroll Taxes

Form W-4

A Form W-4 needs to be completed upon hire so that Western can withhold the correct federal income tax from your pay.  Consider completing a new Form W-4 each year and when your personal or financial situation changes.

You can view, print & update your W-4 electronically by following these instructions:

  • Login to Web4U
  • Select Employee tab
  • Select Time Entry
  • Select Employee Dashboard
  • Select dropdown for Taxes
  • Click on W-4 Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
  • To update, click on Update at the bottom of screen
  • To certify changes, click certify changes at the bottom of screen

You can also complete a paper W-4 form and return to Human Resources, MS 9054.

Tax Withholding Estimator

IRS Paycheck Checkup

International Employees

Form 1099

1099 forms are issued by Accounting Services, please reach out to Toni Payne with any 1099 questions.

Form W-2

Form W-2s are issued to employees to report the amounts paid and withheld by Western so that employees can complete their personal income tax returns.  They are issued to employees no later than January 31st of each year.

How to Read & Understand My W-2

To support Western’s sustainability efforts, all employees are highly encouraged to access their W-2 electronically rather than have it mailed.

Sign up for Electronic Consent:

  • Login to Web4U
  • Select Employees tab
  • Select Time Entry
  • Select Employee Dashboard
  • Select dropdown for Taxes
  • Select Electronic Regulatory Consent
  • Review the consent information
  • Check the Consent to receive W-2 electronically box (your consent will remain in effect unless this box is unchecked)
  • Click Submit

To access your current or past W-2s electronically:

  • Login to Web4U
  • Select Employees tab
  • Select Time Entry
  • Select Employee Dashboard
  • Select dropdown for Taxes
  • Select W-2 Wage and Tax Statement
  • Select Tax year
  • Select Display
  • To print W-2, click Printable W-2 (the printable version is accepted by the IRS)

Accessing your W-2 as a former employee:

Former employees will always have access to their employee information on Web4U, including W-2s. 

Once in Web4U click on “Login for Alumni/Former Employees”.

If your password has expired, call the Help Desk at 360-650-3333 to have your PIN reset.