COVID-19 Employee Vaccination Information
Western requires COVID vaccinations for students, faculty, and staff as an important part of helping our community come back together in the safest way possible. Proof of full vaccination or an approved exemption request will be required by September 1, 2022.
As a condition of employment, new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccination as a part of the hiring process. Your vaccination status will be verified during your Form I-9/paperwork completion meeting. Exemptions may be granted for religious or medical purposes. As a reminder, you are not considered fully vaccinated until two-weeks after your last COVID vaccination shot.
Student employees and graduate student employees should follow the student vaccine reporting process.
Reporting Your Vaccination/Booster Status
Please report your COVID vaccination or booster status to HR through one of the following options:
- Submit your documentation through the Vaccination Submission form.
- Email a copy of your documentation as an attachment to HR@wwu.edu.
Planning to get vaccinated? COVID Leave is available to overtime-eligible employees who need to take time away from work to get vaccinated.
What if I am not eligible for a booster dose yet? Once you are eligible for a booster dose per CDC guidance, you will have 30 days to receive your booster and submit documentation to HR.
Requesting an Exemption
All Western Washington University staff and faculty requesting a COVID-19 vaccine exemption must complete:
- The COVID-19 Vaccine Education Canvas course. You will need to attach a copy of your certificate of course completion to the COVID-19 Vaccination Waiver Request Form.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Waiver Request Form.
- In addition to the esign form, submit one of the following forms:
- Medical Exemption - have your health care provider complete the Medical Exemption from Vaccination Form and fax to Disability Services at (360) 788-0071 or submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Religious Exemption - Complete the Religious Exemption from Vaccination Form and submit to email@example.com.
The COVID-19 Vaccine Waiver Form and COVID Education Course documentation must be submitted to Human Resources for review and approval.
Staff and faculty granted an exemption to the COVID-19 vaccine will be required to follow additional safety protocols:
- For those that have any on-site presence, employees will be required to undergo COVID-19 testing on a weekly basis or as directed by Human Resources. More information to come on the testing program.
- If they get COVID-19 or come in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, will be required to isolate or quarantine away from others and will be prohibited from having any on-site presence for a minimum of 10-14 days, as required by the local health department.
- In the event of a campus wide COVID-19 outbreak, they will be prohibited from having any on-site presence until control of the outbreak has been announced.