COVID-19 Employee Vaccination Information
COVID-19 Employee Vaccination Information
As President Randhawa communicated in May, Western will require COVID vaccinations for students, faculty and staff as an important part of helping our community come back together in the safest way possible. Per the latest announcement from President Randhawa and proclamation from Governor Inslee, proof of vaccination or an exemption request will be required by September 27, 2021.
Student employees and graduate student employees should follow the student vaccine reporting process.
If you are vaccinated and have not yet reported your vaccination status, there are three ways to provide that information:
- Submit your documentation virtually: Do you have access to Teams or Zoom? This meeting will only take a couple of minutes. Email us at HR@wwu.edu to schedule.
- Submit your documentation in person: Set up an appointment to come into Human Resources at HR@wwu.edu
- Submit your documentation on the Vaccination Submission form. Would you like assistance completing the form? We can help (and even start the form for you) - let us know at HR@wwu.edu.
Planning to get vaccinated? COVID-19 vaccination leave is available to overtime-eligible employees who need to take time away from work to get vaccinated.
What if I am not fully (if receiving a 2 dose vaccine) vaccinated by September 27th? Please contact us at HR@wwu.edu.
All Western Washington University staff and faculty requesting a COVID-19 vaccine exemption must complete:
- The COVID-19 Vaccine Education Canvas course. You will need to attach a copy of your certificate of course completion to the COVID-19 Vaccination Waiver Request Form.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Waiver Request Form.
- In addition to the esign form, submit one of the following forms:
- Medical Exemption - have your health care provider complete the Medical Exemption from Vaccination Form and fax to Disability Services at (360) 788-0071 or submit to email@example.com.
- Religious Exemption - Complete the Religious Exemption from Vaccination Form and submit to Kathy Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The COVID-19 Vaccine Waiver Form and COVID Education Course documentation must be submitted to Human Resources for review and approval.
Staff and faculty granted an exemption to the COVID-19 vaccine will be required to follow additional safety protocols:
- For those that have any on-site presence, employees will be required to undergo COVID-19 testing on a weekly basis or as directed by Human Resources. More information to come on the testing program.
- If they get COVID-19 or come in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, will be required to isolate or quarantine away from others and will be prohibited from having any on-site presence for a minimum of 10-14 days, as required by the local health department.
- In the event of a campus wide COVID-19 outbreak, they will be prohibited from having any on-site presence until control of the outbreak has been announced.
COVID-19 vaccination leave is available to overtime eligible employees who need to take time away from their work day to receive a COVID-19 vaccination or booster shot.
What can the leave be used for?
Travel time and time needed to receive the COVID-19 vaccine or booster shot.
Who is eligible?
All overtime eligible employees, including temporary employees. Employees who are not overtime eligible do not need to report leave on their timesheet for obtaining vaccination if they work a portion of the day.
How much leave is available?
Up to 2 hours of leave is available for each shot administered
Do I need to request the time off in advance?
Yes, time off should be pre-approved by your supervisor; you may request the leave via Leave Request Form.
How do I report this leave?
Enter up to 2 hours of leave per shot under the timesheet leave code COVID-19 Vaccination Leave (CVL)
When is this leave available?
COVID-19 vaccination leave is available from January 1, 2021 through September 30, 2021
What if I already received my vaccine and reported another type of leave on my time sheet?
You may fill out a Timesheet Adjustment Request form to report the CVL leave. You will then be credited for the leave you originally reported.
What if I experience side effects after my vaccination?
Remote work opportunities may be available to you if you experience side effects as a result of getting vaccinated. Contact Human Resources for more information.
If you are not well enough to work remotely, you may use sick leave or other paid leave.